Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Hola!

Well, here I am! Meldorf, I blame this blog entirely on YOU! LOL I'm a big old copycat with your "On the needles" and just decided that I wanted a place to share all my projects and talk about knitting so here I am! :)

A little background... I started knitting when I was 11 or 12. I must have been 11, because my mom was pregnant with my youngest brother. She learned how to knit so she could make baby things, and I learned along with her. The first thing I made was a blanket... here it is! It was knit on size 15 plastic needles, LOL! I believe I did double strand. My mom did the crochet finishing around the border. Honestly, I still haven't gotten the hang of crocheting!



After that, I did many many potholders for relatives! Heehee! I wish I had one to show. THey were cute, with Christmas patterns knit in (is that called a motif? I don't even know... how sad!) Then, I dropped my needles for a loooooong time. In fact, I didn't even think about knitting again until I was pregnant with my first child in 2000. A friend gave me a Martha Stewart Baby magazine that had a pattern for a blanket, a hat, and a sweater. It also had instructions for knitting, so I retaught myself. It took awhile to realize what gauge was, etc, but I finally figured it out and got a blanket and a simple cardigan out of the deal, and even made another blanket for my sister-in-law.

Sean's blanket is behind him on the rocker:


When Sean was about 7 months old, I found a pattern for an apple hat. I made it, and a few others...


I've made baby blankets, a TON of the fruit hats, scarves and grown-up hats, a sweater for each kid, a poncho, a doll, and am working on several projects right now. Expect to see pics of my other projects in the future. I don't want to be overwhelming right now. lol!

If you're here reading, let me know! If you're a knitter, share that, too! Thanks for reading! Expect lots more in the future!!

No comments: