Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ugh! This hat will be the death of me!!

Okay, so I'm trying something new. This hat is tough. You start on circulars, then take off 8 stitches at a time to make a vertical stripe. I started with the seafoam color in the seed stitch. Then, I attatched the white to the green while knitting the white in garter. Then attached the mango to the white while working in a twisted stitch, and the pink in a - well, I don't think it has a name, but it's in a square pattern. Then added the peach color and did a cable - my first one!

Here's the tricky part. Each stripe is supposed to be 7 inches attached and have 2 inches on the top. Well, for some reason, even though I measured each one, they're not turning out the same size, and it's really freaking annoying. I've already added to 3 panels and I'm on the LAST one and it's not going to be right. AAAAAARGH!

On top of that, look at the ends I'm going to have to weave in. What on earth was I thinking? LOL

Some pictures. Hopefully I'll have some finished pics soon. Gah!





Wish me luck, and sanity!

No comments: